Posted on August 5, 2020 by Ashleigh
Platform is a weird and wild topic for writers, well for almost anyone trying to reach their people in the world. I have partnered with Allison K. Williams, Writer, Editor, Speaker, and Social Media Manager at Brevity, to break down the myths surrounding social media for writers.
Please join us for The Writers’ Bridge, our new, probably-biweekly, free-to-all, platform chat.
This coming Tuesday at 1:00 pm EDT/10:00 am PDT, we’ll talk about:
– What does “platform” really mean and not mean for writers
– How to get your creativity flowing when you produce content, in a way that will add to your writing
– How to find your people and fall in love with engaging with them
– What to do if you only have 15, 30, or 60 minutes a day to spend on building your social media presence
– Hashtags and how they work
– Tools of the Week: Tweepi and Followers App
– Q&A with your questions
– a platform review of one volunteer, discussing what that writer is doing that’s working, and what they can do more or where they can shift focus
Sign up here, and we’ll email you the Zoom link the day before, and a reminder on the day of the event.
**this is open to all writers, please feel free to share with writer friends